Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

July 19, 2016

Kyushu Summer Roadtrip Part 4: Hyuga Surf & Swim Sessions


Early morning beach walks, delicious Miyazaki meals, long swims and surfs in the cold Pacific Ocean with great waves: these are the things we come to Hyuga for. A small minshuku (Japanese inn) for surfers sits right on the edge of the beach, and that is where we stay each time. Our room faces the ocean and is a place to clear your head. It's clean, bare and lacking distractions and I always seem to get a lot done inside the room. On this particular occasion I spent hours drawing. Kam surfs to his heart's content and I swim near him, diving under powerful waves. As a wave crashes on my feet, I resurface and spin around towards the shore to see if Kam caught the wave. If he did, I watch him ride it before disappearing into the whitewash. He paddles back out to where I am floating to wait for the next wave.

The refreshing feeling of swimming at Hyuga, and a clear and productive mind always stay with me when I return home.































After a night by the sea and lots of swimming by day, we headed home to Fukuoka. That was the end of our two night Kyushu Summer Roadtrip. Short but very sweet. 
Thanks for reading ありがとう!

Post a Comment