Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

December 7, 2015

Momiji Hachimangu: Kōyō Comes Late



Excuse me while I post a HUGE selection of photos from a walk I took this afternoon. I usually ride my bike to the supermarket for food shopping but the weather was so splendid today that I decided to walk instead. I took my camera incase I bumped into something pretty and I'm so glad I did, because I ended up walking to the nearby Momiji Hachimangu shrine. It turns out that autumn didn't completely elude us this year, it's just fashionably late!

So here is my photographic love letter to Japanese autumn. The shrine was basically deserted this afternoon (it's located in a peaceful residential neighbourhood) but I managed to meet a very beautiful puppy called Marron-chan and her friendly owners. The pre-sunset lighting was to-die-for, setting aflame the already vibrant kōyō autumn colours.














Hello Marron-chan!












This next photo, to me, sums up the nature/city balance of Fukuoka life. It's like a peaceful little utopia, surrounded by mountains and nature while being enough of a big city to always have something happening. Because it's not a big tourist destination it sometimes feels like you've been let in on a secret. I love this place with all my heart.


Elsewhere in the neighbourhood, fiery red momiji trees in home gardens can be spotted from streets away. So bright, so good. 






x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the advice ! I went there two weeks ago and it was really green.

    ReplyDelete