Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

April 7, 2015

City Life: Snippets from Nakasu & Tenjin


Yesterday I was in the city in the afternoon, looking for items for our upcoming overseas holiday in June. Although windy, the weather was fine so I started off in Tenjin, walking through Nakasu to Fukuoka's famous Canal City shopping centre, and then back to Daimyo for dinner. Fukuoka City is nothing if not convenient to roam by foot. 

I worked in the centre of the city for the past few years, but since changing jobs I have been living a quieter, more suburban life. Most days this new atmosphere suits me, though sometimes I miss being immersed in the buzz of the city. Luckily we live just 10 minutes by subway from Tenjin so I make the trip at least once or twice a week when running errands, meeting friends or attending my language class.


Here are a few snaps from my wanderings yesterday.

A pastel exterior for some sort of seedy (host/hostess club) building in the Nakasu area

Gloomy day on the river.
Browsing my long-time favourite Japanese magazine FRUiTS at a book store in Tenjin.
No matter how many Azusa Iio items I own, (two pairs of earrings, a necklace and a hair clip, collected over many years, for the record) I always love to see the new items at WALL. So many great colour combos - too bad I don't have the budget for it right now.
Dinner at a new sushi restaurant "Fish & Fish" in Daimyo for a friend's birthday celebrations. 

x

Post a Comment