Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

September 17, 2014

TOKYO DIARIES 2014 - pt. 1: Settling In


I just got back from a five night trip to Tokyo. It's been about two years since my last proper visit there, and was my first time to travel there alone. Part-business, part-fun, part-family visit to my brother, it was exactly what I needed at this point in time.


Travelling alone affords you more time to spend with your camera, I've found. So this trip I focused on and truly enjoyed taking photos around Tokyo. This is the first of seven posts of my Tokyo Diaries 2014, starting off a little slow with a few moments around my first night/day settling into Shinjuku where I was staying, and a brief stopover I made in Shibuya on Friday.





On my first night, my brother and I shared a meal and an apple pie at a great restaurant in Shinjuku's Lumine 1 restaurant floor. Then, on Friday I headed to the office for the morning. I was staying at my brother's apartment in a central location, but was surprised by the peace and quiet of his neighbourhood despite its proximity to busy Shinjuku. 





On my way home, I decided to hop off the train at Shibuya for a look around.


Shibuya Crossing as charming and iconic as ever. Although it's such a stereotypical tourist shot of Tokyo, it's too hard to resist taking some variation of this photo every time I visit.




The reason I popped by Shibuya 109 (a noisy, crazy department store for fast teen fashion trends) was to check out the new shops: Punyus and Bubbles (which has its main shop in Harajuku). I picked up a really cute pancake cardigan and shirt from Punyus, and wonderful red velvet hair bows at Bubbles.


Looking forward to sharing more of Tokyo with you !
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I am heading to Tokyo on Friday (Typhoon permitting) and I was wondering what the name of the restaurant is with the numbers on the cushions?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley!
    The restaurant is called yusoshi, and is located on the 6F of Lumine1 in Shinjuku (at Shinjuku Station basically!)

    http://www.lumine.ne.jp/shinjuku/restaurant/01/yusoshi.html

    Hope that helps - enjoy Tokyo x

    ReplyDelete