Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

November 20, 2011

Softbank Hawks は 日本一 ですよー!


Tonight was the final game in this year's baseball Japan Series (日本シリズ), where the winners from the Pacific League (Fukuoka's own Hawks) fought against the winners from the Central League (the Chunichi Dragons), for this year's grand title. As I've mentioned before, Kam is a big baseball fan, and I've found myself really enjoying the sport since we arrived in Japan. We play catch outside our apartment, go to the batting cages and went to see a game at the Yahoo! Dome in summer, and I must say I have grown quite fond of Fukuoka's baseball team- the Softbank Hawks. 


I was in the city today for a meeting, and for the first time in awhile I had a little pocket money to spend, so I did a little pre-game shopping ;)! First I went walking around Imaizumi & Daimyo, pining over the beautiful but expensive vintage stores, and then I wandered to Tenjin, specifically to the wonderful Spinns (top floor of Tenjin Core shopping centre). I bought some amazing skeleton hand hairclips, that I have been eyeing off for ages, and a really cute apricot cardigan (only ¥990!). It has been getting really cold in Fukuoka over the last week, so warm layers are becoming essential.


For our night ahead watching the baseball, I also bought a couple of Asahi Clears, and some super cute monkey & bear buns from the bakery.


Tonight for dinner I made panko bread-crumbed fish with garlic/soy eggplant, edamame and rice. The meal went really well with the beer, and was a good way to start the game!


And so, at 6.30pm, the Hawks went into the final game of the series...


And we were fairly well prepared to cheer from home...




I'm certainly not qualified to give a rundown of the actual game itself. However, I can tell you that the Hawks scored three good runs and our pitchers did a great job preventing the Dragons from getting anywhere. 



Our mid-game treat was as delicious as it was cute.



And by the 9th innings, it was all over! The Hawks took out the championship for the first time in eight years. Super exciting times for all involved...



Hawks coach Akiyama shared his tears of joy with fans in the crowd.




And... I took lots of photos of the TV. Ha!

One thing that will come out of the victory for sure, is that Fukuoka city will be filled with the following song tomorrow. When the Hawks won the Pacific League series before this, you couldn't escape their theme song, which was played in every shop/ subway station you went to. The good news is, it's actually a pretty good song.


Softbank Hawks おめでとう!
x

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I just found your blog and I think it's AMAZING! The pics are great and I can see that You really like what you do here! I love people with great ideas, like you!
    Your blog is inspiring! I will follow you!
    xoxo

    http://nikandpic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much (^_^) I just had a peek at your blog, and it's really cute too! Thanks for your kind words x

    ReplyDelete