Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

September 14, 2011

A Hot Day at Dazaifu with Aya, Nat, Tokue and Yoh


Sunday was our last day with our beloved houseguests- Nat, Aya, Tokue and Yoh. After breakfast, the whole crew packed their suitcases, and we headed out for one more day of sight-seeing...






We left their suitcases in lockers at Tenjin station, and made our way via two trains to Dazaifu, home to the ultra-famous Dazaifu Temmangu shrine...












The shrine is famous Japan-wide, and especially known to bring good results to students. We really couldn't have picked a hotter, sweatier day to walk around in the sun at this beautiful temple, so I fear that lots of its beauty was a little lost on me. Now, looking back at the photos, I am realising how wonderful a place it really was. Still, a great time was had...












After visiting the temple, we escaped into the nearest air-conditioned restaurant and had an amazing lunch of cold soba & tempura...



The soba we picked had green tea in the noodles, and was reaaaaallly refreshing and delicious!


Refuelled after lunch, we ventured back into the sun and explored a little more of the temple's grounds, on the way to the Kyushu National Museum...



"Rainbow Road" is on the way to the museum, but is apparently more impressive on youtube (according to our well researched companion Tokue, Nat's Mum)....




The museum was pretty cool- a big spacious building in the middle of some nice wilderness...


Inside, we played around in the free exhibition. We didn't really feel like paying for the main exhibit, which was on India, and we had lots of fun anyway.





And that was the end of our last group outing. We finished up, caught some trains back to Tenjin where we had a pasta dinner at the station and said a very rushed goodbye. As soon as their train left the station, I had a short burst of tears. It was really sudden to see them leave, as they had only arrived three days ago, and I had really enjoyed the time surrounded by familiar faces of people I love. When they left, I kind of remembered for a second that I won't be seeing my own, real family for a long time either. 

That said, it was really great to be able to show them all around our new home, and know that they can visit anytime. I'm really proud of how far Kamil and I have come in the month-and-abit we've been here, and I'm really proud to call Fukuoka city home for now. It is really a beautiful, enchanting place.

We are already planning our next meet up, which probably won't be until Winter, but it is comforting to know that we can easily get together (not the situation when I was in Australia and them in Japan).

If any of you guys are reading- THANK YOU FOR BEING OUR FIRST GUESTS- we loved every second of it. 

x



1 comment:

  1. envy you ,, i really want to stay at Japan
    nice pics :)
    I'll definitely will following you if you follow me :D
    Decimal Shoes

    ReplyDelete