Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

August 30, 2011

In Print: Work Experience at Fukuoka Now

As I've mentioned before, I'm currently doing some work experience at Fukuoka Now magazine. It's a monthly bilingual magazine that has been around since 1998, filled with heaps of info about the local sights, sounds, tastes and more. I've been volunteering on an archiving project, writing up summaries of all 152 back issues in preparation for a new website launch, and in the meantime I've been helping out with some native check and editing of the articles for the September issue. The issue has just been released, and I'm pretty pleased to see my name in print as a 'contributor' (see below for some really dodgy scan/screencaps...)



It's cool to be getting experience in the field that I one day wish to work in. All of the past year's work running, scheduling, writing and editing the Pigeonhole blog have really helped to give me a strong base in editing, and all experiences are combining to show me that I've perhaps found a calling.

I'm also really excited about being in Fukuoka and having some spare time again. I can feel I'm switching over into a familiar mode where my hands get itchy to create.

Exciting times ahead
xx

p.s. I went to the local ward office to complete my 'alien registration' yesterday. Do you like my super serious photo?


1 comment:

  1. Is that your most serious dress, haha :)
    Congrats on getting your name in the mag! It's always exciting to see your name/work published.
    Lovely posts recently too :)

    ReplyDelete