Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

August 3, 2011

A Fitting Farwell to Ako: Yakiniku & Fireworks


After spending the day with my brother's host family on Sunday, it was my last night at Aya's place in Ako. Her parents (who are awesome, by the way) came to the beach house and made amazing yaki-niku for dinner. 




Afterwards we went down to the convenience store and bought a pack of 'handheld fireworks' that people often use in Summer. It was really fun lighting these up right next to the ocean, and watching the different burning patterns...






This is the candle we used to light each firework! On the other side of this wall is the ocean...


Aya took a video of the smallest firework, which looked like maple leaves as it crackled away...


And that was the last night of my holiday with my darling Ayako and her family (for now!) The next day I hopped on a couple of shinkansen and made my way to our new home, where I write from now. More on that soon...

Thanks Aya, love you x

Post a Comment