Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

June 26, 2011

Tokyo Boppers and a few of my favourite fruits...




Since I first laid my eyes on it in highschool, FRUiTS Magazine has been a big love of mine (and yeah, I know I'm not alone here). When I've holidayed in Tokyo, I've managed to get my paws on the latest copies, but back home I generally rely on the good people of the world wide web to scan in the pages of this beautiful publication.  So here are a few of my favourite outfits from the past three FRUiTs issues (may, june, july) as scanned by the very helpful http://fy-fruits.tumblr.com/...








On a slightly related note, last time I was in Japan (january), the latest FRUiTS magazine set me on the path to buying some of my favourite shoes ever- Tokyo Boppers.  This brand makes killer platforms, with a definite 90s vibe, and as soon as I saw them I knew I wanted them. However, I have an AU 9.5 sized foot, which makes shoe buying very limited in Japan (they generally only go up to the equivalent of our 9). Luckily, there was one pair of Boppers that I loved, and that fitted. This is them...


Up close...


And another pair of Boppers lookalikes that I got off the net...


They are really fun to wear, and my obsession continues 6 months down the track. I already have another pair of Tokyo Boppers on my wishlist for our next visit to Tokyo (which is less than one month away! yay!)

Conclusion: everyone knows Japanese fashion is awesome. FRUiTS just reminds you.

1 comment:

  1. Haha. I got the tokyo lookbook when I was in highschool, and I similarly loved it.
    I wish I lived somewhere like japan sometimes and I could dress up everyday ^^

    ReplyDelete